Walking for Mental Health and Wellbeing
Helping individuals and small groups overcome barriers to getting out and about in the countryside, including bespoke routes and led walks, as appropriate. Click here for more information about Acorn Steps.
Encouraging new users to the network
Whether for health, leisure, or learning - whatever the barrier may be - finding solutions which encourage the individual or small group to become more independent
We have a positive attitude to identifying barriers and finding innovative and practical solutions, based on people's needs:-
- Bespoke route finding: eg. buggy walks, easy access walks, short walks, circular walks, safe walks, challenging walks
- Encouraging people to move towards independent walking with guidance and support
- Extensive knowledge of the Isle of Wight's Rights of Way network
- Producing relevant resources, eg. maps, on-line information, leaflets, etc.
- Working with statutory bodies to improve physical access
- Finding solutions to barriers wherever and whenever possible
- Signposting and networking with public and private organisations to pool resources and have an impact
Contact us for details of our current programmes and opportunities.
Helen Stichbury holds accreditation on the UK Public Health Register (UKPHR) as a health promotion practitioner no. PR0121. See UKPHR for further details.